Virus, from the Crossfire Community, has released the details of the upcoming 'RtCW League', the new '2020 Winter Storm'.
Here's what he had to say:
"Hello everyone from the RtCW Community. First of all, I want to thank Homie for organizing the 'One Day Cup' on the 22nd of December 2019, which went pretty well, also Murkey for setting up several 'OSP' servers and not forgetting MerlinatoR, for streaming and shoutcasting the event.
The success of this event then motivated me to organize the 'One Day Cup', that took place on the 26th of January 2020, which was also successful. Now its time for the real deal, an 'RtCW League' after all these years!"
- The tournament will consist of a 'One-Group-League', with an 'all vs all' mode, with each team meeting the rest of the teams once.
- All games from the league will be played on Sundays, at 19:30/20:00 and 20:30/21:00 CET, so that MerlinatoR can provide us with his stream and shoutcast! Further streamers and shoutcasters are also welcome to join in!
The detailed rules for the league can be seen HERE (Please read the rules carefully before signing up and before every game to avoid discussions and misunderstandings!)
- Rescheduling and 'delayed games' rules are currently being discussed.
- The league will last for 9 weeks. The team with the most match points wins the league! After the league ends, the best 4 teams will compete in the semi-finals and the winners of the game in the grand final, in order to determine the Ultimate Champions and close this large event with 4 more epic games! The other 2 teams will compete for 3rd place! These games will take place the following 2 weeks, after the end of the league.
More RtCW League details and official tournament sign-ups HERE
This is Yo$hik's conversion of the 'RtCW' singleplayer mission, 'Hidden Wolf', originally created by SWEFighter, for the multiplayer modification, 'RtCW Cooperative'.
You are dropped nearby an Axis fortress, where our intelligence agents have located an entrance to a submarine hangar, containing an Axis Uboat. You must find a way into the fortress, locate the Uboat and destroy it!
Yoshik has released two more new sets of player characters for 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein Cooperative Mod'. The first pack consists of the familiar ladies of 'RtCW', but this time they're ready to take up a combat role.
The second new player pack is made up of members of the resistence fighters of the Kreisau Circle.
Yoshik has released an OSA skin pack for players to use when fragging on 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein Cooperative Mod'. The pack includes skins for Higgs, Jack and Agent One and is a fun addition for fans of the 'RtCW Coop' mod to enjoy.
Yo$hik has given us a double release of his classic 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' adventure, 'RtCW Vendetta'. The first release is an updated version of 'RtCW Vendetta 1.3' and the second release is a brand new version of the 'Vendetta' mission which has been combined with all the superb features from Wolfetplayer's 'RealRtCW'.
RtCW Vendetta 1.3 changes:
- fixed bugs reported via our RtCW Community - Brought back the old render for lower specification computers - All cvars are now unlocked, you can create setups the way you want - Improved work for a.i. dogs - New a.i. nurse and medic characters - Minor changes in level design for better fps optimisation - Your game saves and configs are still in the 'Documents\Vendetta' path - This is the 'Vendetta 2-ready' version (when it's released this version will be needed to launch it)
RtCW Vendetta 1.3.1 features:
- Includes all fixes from the update for version 1.3 - Fully synchronised with latest 'RealRTCW 3.0' mod build, with all features (recoil mechanic, new weapons and hand models, new difficulty level Realism mode, etc.) - New holdable items, "Morphine" - For this update your saves and configs are now located in the 'Documents\RtCW Vendetta' path
Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the striking similarities between it and the classic World War II espionage adventure film, 'Where Eagles Dare', have lead many 'RtCW' fans to believe that the game was actually heavily influenced by this superb cinematic production.
The film is set in the practically inaccessible castle known as the Schloss Adler, situated in the Bavarian mountains. Allied agents must infiltrate this castle fortress in order to rescue an American general being held captive there.
However, it's not just the setting that's similar to 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein', many of the films characters also bare a strong resemblence to those whom we see featured in-game.
# Agent 1 - Major John Smith
# B.J. Blazkowicz - Lieutenant Morris Schaffer
# Village girls Inge and Eva - Village girls Mary and Heidi
# Helga von Bulow - Lieutenant Anne-Marie Kernitser
The action-packed film is a masterpiece and one not to missed by any 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' fan.
There was some request by players to have another Christmas onedaycup again like last year, so here we are! MerlinatoR will provide a stream and will shoutcast the event. I've contacted TosspoT and he might be available to join the stream and shoutcast as well. More info on that soon. It's time to dust off those MP40's once again boys and girls!
Date: Sunday 22 December 2019 Start: 19.00 CET Format: 6v6 Map pool: Beach, Village, Ice, Frostbite, Base Format: TBD, depends on number of signups Shoutcast: TosspoT (TBD), MerlinatoR Stream link: Merl1nator on Twitch Signup: Contact Homiee via pm on Discord
The event is aiming towards getting 4 / 6 / 8 teams in total. Players looking for a team or trying to form one, I would suggest on joining up on our RTCW Discord Channel. The communications during the cup will also happen there! If we don't get enough signups, we might also draft some teams just before the event starts. American teams and players are more than welcome to sign up as well. I can't promise yet that playing on American servers will be a possibility though. We are looking into the matter, more on that during the coming weeks!
Wolfetplayer, the creator of 'RealRtCW', has released his new map entitled, 'Wulfburg', for the 'Call of Duty' engine. The mission features remakes of the classic maps from 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' singleplayer entitled, 'Village1', 'Crypt1', and 'Boss1'. Can you survive the zombie slaughter? Download the mission and test your skills!
This is the latest map creation for 'Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory' by Devilsrighthand. Once again, we depart from the World War II genre and enter a more modern world, set in the year 1999.
April 2nd 1999 a computer hacker named Neo discovers that all life on Earth may be nothing more than an elaborate facade created by a malevolent cyber intelligence, for the purpose of placating us while our life essence is farmed to fuel the Matrix's campaign of domination in the real world. He joins like-minded Rebel warriors Morpheus and Trinity in their struggle to overthrow the Matrix.